The Director of Production is a critical part of the Conception Nurseries tissue culture team. You are responsible to administer the daily scientific and technical operations in a tissue culture lab setting by using strategic experience driving operation efficiencies and assembling and managing a team. This includes the examination of data and creation of reports to support the production efforts with in-depth knowledge of cannabis cultivation, micropropagation, and the cannabis industry as per the regulatory provisions of the government and the organization. This position will report to the COO.
Keys to Success in this role include:
- Managed large diverse production teams while maintaining strict adherence to plant production protocols.
- Think critically and engineer solutions within the product line to drive business while also enhancing the reputation of Conceptions Nurseries.
- Implementing and maintaining an effective and efficient production pipeline of at least 20 MM.
- Ability to produce and analyze data that allows for improved decision making.
- Work closely with Research and Development to ensure the successful transfer on protocols.
- Extensive background in tissue culture.
Detailed responsibilities to include…
- Work with the executive team to identify areas of growth and additional revenue opportunities while exploiting the existing opportunities.
- Work with Research and Development to optimize and improve methodologies for micropropagation.
- Delivering key performance indicators (yield, labor, inventory management, quality, safety, packing costs, on-time delivery) to budgeted standards
- Ensure plant ERP systems are appropriately implemented and managed to allow for the consistent capture of data related to key performance indicators.
- Create awareness about the laboratory among internal/external customers to increase sales of the product. Be visible and available for customers and partners, and occasional industry/social events or conferences.
- Maintain product vision and execution
- Work collaboratively with teams to identify product gap analysis and implement appropriate strategies to maximize production success.
- Maintains laboratory productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas; identifying peak, slack periods; making operational or staffing adjustments.
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively to ensure Operations, Marketing, Customer Success, Engineering, Sales and Business Operations are aligned to support the product line goals. Work with the executive team as requested to respond to the needs of the business.
- Troubleshoot when necessary to optimize culture growth and address problems immediately.
- Work collaboratively with Research and Development to ensure the accurate development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and ensure their consistency with other Conception facilities
- Live Conception Nurseries’ core values
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 15+ years’ managing an agricultural or horticultural production facility.
- 7+ years’ experience in managing direct reports.
- Thrives in fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Must have at least 10+ years in propagation or tissue culture.