The Staff Accountant will be responsible for managing financial information by researching and analyzing accounts and preparing financial statements. This position will report to and support the VP of Finance in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department.
Detailed responsibilities to include…
- Prepares journal entries of transactions, such as sales, payments received, and payments by organization of salaries, wages, invoices and other expenses
- Ensures accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger
- Maintain the purchase order processing system.
- Review sales records, receipts, invoices, travel expenses, reimbursements, requests for reimbursement or other payments, employee time sheets, billing statements, bank records and other documents.
- Generate financial statements such as Balance Sheet, Income Statements and Cash-flow Statements.
- Follow our company’s established accounting practice.
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy and timeliness of invoice creation and entry.
- Perform monthly bank settlements
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Aiding the organization in complying with its tax and other regulatory obligations.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Protects company’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Prepare correspondence as needed within the department
- Assist with payroll system and payroll related items.
- Manage petty cash account.
- Assist with miscellaneous administrative tasks to support executive staff.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years’ experience in a Staff Accountant role
- Experience with ERP applications
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Strong written and oral communication
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Thrives in fast-paced, start-up environment.
EDUCATION: BA in Business or Marketing, Business, Economics or agriculture related field.
Core Competencies: Analytical, organized, competent in computer software programs