The Production Manager will manage all production technicians at the Production Facility and will be responsible for worksite cleanliness and safety, inventory management, creating and executing against production goals based on the sales plan. This position will report to the Director of Laboratory Operations.
- Create production plan to meet sales specifications and deadlines by using Monitor production to resolve issues
- Estimate and monitor costs, prepare budget
- Determine product specifications and release dates to determine product costs and resource needs.
- Coordinate the production aspects of the product, including production schedules and milestones with the team.
- Ensure facilities and equipment are maintained
- Provide motivation, support and guidance for production personnel
- Provide technical guidance and implement SOP’s
- Ensure the overall quality of product for team.
- Ensure all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines
- Establish workflows that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product integrity
- Report progress and challenges to upper management
Competencies: leadership, project management, communication proficiency, time management, technical capacity, flexibility
Education and Experience:
- BS in Plant Science
- High-throughput tissue culture / micropropagation experience
- 5-10 years experience in each phase of production operation, process implementation, purchasing and production and process improvement
- 2+ years experience in a management capacity
Computer Skills: GSuite, MS Office, Inventory Management / ERP
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Sit/stand for long periods of time Other Physical Requirements: High frequency of computer keyboarding, High frequency of viewing a computer monitor